Are you using LinkedIn Effectively?
Are you looking for work or looking to connect with new clients? Have you used LinkedIn but you’re not quite sure how to do anything other than connect with people you already know? Then this course is for you.
LinkedIn is the premier professional social media service. Unlike other social media services where most users are there for casual purposes, LinkedIn focuses on helping you increase your professional network. This course will provide you with the tools and strategies to connect with the right people to help you reach your professional goals.
Whether you’re looking for a job, looking to connect with new business contacts or just trying to expand your network, LinkedIn is an excellent resource for making professional connections and researching companies. This course will cover the major features of LinkedIn such as Groups, Answers and how to manage your profile & add connections. We’ll also cover some strategies for making new connections and sharing your expertise.
- Overview of the major parts of the LinkedIn site and interface.
- Strategies for setting up your profile so it helps you connect with the right people.
- Locating and adding contacts – and how to make a good introduction.
- How to use Groups to connect with your target audience
- How to use the Jobs feature of LinkedIn.
- The basics of using LinkedIn and general strategies for getting the most of this social media service.
- Most sessions are taught in a computer lab so the last portion of class is hands-on and allows you to practice what you’ve learned.
- Be sure to bring your login information to class if you’d like to practice with your personal account.
Please visit our events page for a list of upcoming classes open to the public.