Overcome Your Fear of Public Speaking:
Being able to speak comfortably and confidently groups is the single most important communication skill you can attain. Aside from the obvious benefits of the doors it can open for you both in your career and your personal life, the skills you’ll learn are transferable to other forms of communication and it boosts your confidence.
We’ve all heard that famous statistic “Public speaking is the #1 fear, surpassing snakes and even death!” Public speaking & presentation skills are critical for success in the workplace. People with these skills tend to shine, especially when the job market is competitive.
In this fun & dynamic course, you will learn how to overcome your fears and gain the confidence to give effect presentations and improve your speaking skills. We use a combination of lectures, assignments and in-class activities to help you conquer your fears, move beyond your comfort zone and communicate like a pro. In this fun and supportive class environment, you’ll quickly develop the confidence you need to be a successful speaker and gain the skills needed to succeed in today’s world.
If you find yourself anxious about having to do presentations for your job, business or volunteer work, then this course is perfect for you. This course is taught over four weekly sessions or two full-day sessions. We can also customize this course to meet the needs of our business, conference or organization – just contact us to find out how we can help you.
- Module 1: Fear & Confidence
- You’ll learn what’s been holding you back and how to overcome your fears.
- You’ll determine your speaking goals.
- You will create confidence using past successes.
- Module 2: Preparation & Organization
- You’ll learn how choosing the right topic can ease your fears.
- You’ll learn techniques that will prevent you from forgetting the key points of your speech.
- You will learn to organize your talks effectively.
- Module 3: Using Your Voice and Body
- You’ll learn how use your voice and body to help you help you relax during your speech.
- You’ll learn the keys to effective on stage movement.
- Module 4: Connecting With Your Audience
- You’ll learn how to establish rapport with your audience.
- You’ll learn how to add humor to your speeches and presentations.