Are You Getting the Most out of Facebook?
Do you feel like you’re the only person that doesn’t “get” Facebook? Are you unsure how to set up your account to connect with friends or to increase your business? Are you concerned about how secure your profile is? Then this course is for you.
This course covers the basics of using Facebook: everything from how to share updates & pictures to creating a Facebook page for your business or interest. You’ll also learn to use Facebook’s security settings to control who sees what you post. If you have any reservations regarding trying out Facebook or feel like you’re not getting the most out of it, you’ll find this course especially helpful.
Facebook is a wildly popular social media service with a user base of more than double the population of the United States. People and companies are flocking to Facebook to connect (or reconnect) with friends, relatives and/or potential customers.
In this course, we’ll start with the basics of how to share updates, links and photos and then you’ll learn how to control what others can see. You’ll also learn how to find and connect with friends on Facebook using some of the tools the service offers. Lastly, you’ll learn how to create a Facebook page that you can use for your business, hobby or interest.
- Part 1: Basic Features
- Overview of the major parts of the Facebook site and interface.
- How to share status updates and links to other sites.
- How to upload photos and videos to share on your Facebook account.
- Overview of security settings for both your account and individual updates.
- How to manage your profile and some dos and don’ts for Facebook postings.
- How to configure what you see in your newsfeed and comment on things that others share.
- Part 2: Pages and Lab Work
- How to use pages to connect with people who have similar interests.
- How to create a Facebook page that you can use for business or personal purposes.
- Most sessions are taught in a computer lab so the last portion of class is hands-on and allows you to practice what you’ve learned.
- Be sure to bring your login information to class if you’d like to practice with your personal account.
Please visit our events page for a list of upcoming classes open to the public.